Aam Panna is an Indian drink renowned for its heat-resistant properties. Aam Panna is a rejuvenating and refreshing cooler prepared using raw green mangoes during the hot summer months when mangoes are in season. Apart from being tasty this sweet and sour summer drink also looks good due to its refreshing light green colour. Aam Panna which is also known as also known as Kairi Panha in some northern regions in India is renowned for its heat-resistant properties. It is made from green mangoes and it is used as a tasty and healthy beverage to fight against the intense Indian summer heat and is an effective remedy for heat exhaustion and heat stroke. It also quenches thirst and prevents the excessive loss of sodium chloride and iron during summer due to excessive sweating. This works as a digestive and is hard to resist due to its unbeatable flavor and health benefits. It’s a big hit among kids as well. Below is the recipe…
- 4 medium-sized raw green mangoes
- 2 cups sugar (if you are having health issues and wanna avoid sugar then you can add Jaggery in place of sugar)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp black rock salt (powdered)
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Crushed ice
- 2 tbsp Aniseed/fennel seeds ground coarsely
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds roasted and ground coarsely
- Chilled water
- Sprigs of mint to garnish
- 6 serving glasses cleaned and kept in fridge for cooling. (We’ll take them out just before serving. This way we can keep our drink cool for longer time. After all its Summer!!)
- Wash, peel and grate the raw mangoes. Mix the mangoes, sugar and water in a deep saucepan and boil till the mangoes are soft.
- After cooling it a little put this mixture into a food processor and blend till smooth.
- Put the blended mix back into the saucepan and on a medium flame.
- Add the remaining ingredients(spices) and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Take off from the fire and allow to cool completely.
- Take out the glasses from fridge. Pour into glasses, dilute with a little chilled water if needed, mix well and add crushed ice.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and serve.
- Delectable drink to quench your thirst (thehindu.com)
- Strawberry, Mango, Pineapple & Pomegranate Smoothie (utterlyruins.wordpress.com)
- Tangy Sweet Mangoes (casuallycookingwithbinu.wordpress.com)
- 5 fab ways to love mangoes (fabfoodfinds.wordpress.com)
- The King of fruits is finally here!!!!!! (hubanscorner.wordpress.com)
- Recipe – “Mango and Pineapple sweet dish” (itmagics.wordpress.com)